Sign in to follow this  
George

Tomb Editor

It's still early days, but it looks as if it's just about ready to release the first version. I'll be switching to it once I finish Jon's game.

:yes:

• Like 1

I wonder if it's compatible with all the new scripts? (I haven't watched all 4 vids yet...)

• Like 1

They are still ironing out a few issues with the TRNG, but yes, we will be able to import all the TRNG stuff. Paolone is walkabout at the moment and they can't find him, so a few bugs are going to have to wait. At least, that's what they say in the videos.

• Like 1

The Tomb Editor is up and running already.

As said, not everything is ironed out yet, including sound management if I'm not mistaken, but quite a few builders have made the switch.
It is compatible with TRNG script, but not yet with plugins (triggers not visible in the triggers section I think)

I have not yet made the switch, because, like George, I want to finish my current project first. Don't want to risk messing anything up at this stage.

The thing I look forward to the the most is the diagonal walls and steps (floor and ceiling) and the ability to import (room)meshes made with Meta, with UV-mapping supported.
That should save me lot of time, not having to do that after building the levels in the editor first and then running the levels through Meta2TR. :1156149538_coolsunglasses:

Monty is also working on a new engine, TR5Main. Once finished you'll be able to use this engine with TombEditor.

• Like 2

Thanks Titiak, didn't know it was up and running. I'm still going to finish Jon's game with the existing NGLE Editor. It's just the safe thing to do.

:683746041_beercheers2:

I've downloaded Tomb Editor, unzipped the package and it looks as if there is nothing to install. Is it all self contained within the download package? Just double click the Tomb Editor exe and off it goes? No installation?

:classic_huh:

I’ve downloaded from a Dropbox link I got on another site. Looked like an installer exe not a zip. I’ve not installed yet though.

I hear you, and it's probably wonderful, but I'm happy with 1.2.2.7 :classic_laugh: Enjoy the new editor :bow:

• Like 1