Sign in to follow this  
George

DOZY killer

I'm tired of lame DOZY players who can't play Tomb Raider without cheating. One or two of them even have the cheek to review your level as if they are an authority on how to play it. I've even been lectured recently about how DOZY is okay and should be enabled for everyone. If someone can't play Tomb Raider using controls, they should go play Farmville.

I once had a script for killing DOZY. It involved a condition trigger for the Uzies. If the Uzies were in your inventory you could use a condition trigger to make Lara burst into flames or something, I forget the details. If there are no Uzies in the game, no problem. If someone uses DOZY and has the Uzies and they hit the condition trigger, they couldn't continue.

Does anyone know how this works?

:gun1:

I have it. I'll be writing a new tutorial for the NGLE Manual tomorrow.

1. Don't use Uzies in the game anywhere.

2. Somewhere in your game (preferably at the start of the final level) place a PARAMETER trigger for the UZI Item with the CONDITION:
Inventory. Present <#> inventory_item selected in the Parameter field.

3. On top of that trigger place an ACTION trigger for Lara. In the Parameter field select Enemy. Kill <#> object in (E) way. In the Extra field, select Default death animation (only for creatures, removing vitality).

If players use DOZY, they will have the uzies in their inventory and will die when Lara hits these triggers. If they want to finish the game, they will have to go back to the start and replay without using DOZY.

I don't build games for cheats, I build games for Raiders. If you're a cheat, go play Farmville.

:gun1:

If you use DOZY you will not be able to finish Inchdix's new game - Amber Life. DOZY is cheating so don’t use it. If levels these days are so hard you can't play them without cheating, that's the community’s fault for giving difficult and tedious levels high marks and encouraging stupidly hard levels to be made in the first place. Tomb Raider was about exploration and adventure, it was about immersion and atmosphere, it was about being lost in huge levels and using your wits and intelligence to solve them. Tomb Raider never was about breaking fingers, controllers and keyboards with ridiculously silly hard tasks. Let's try and get back to Tomb Raider again, shall we?