George

Amber Life - Inchdix

Thanks for opening up a tread, I am sure I will get stuck from time to time, but just taking my time, the first level is huge, :faint: but I am right at the top now, crossed the bridge and picked up the shot-gun.  :coffee:

• Like 2

It's a huge game, and every level is amazing. Take your time with it, it's time well spent. When you get to the end you will wish it wasn't over. I think it's one of the best Tomb Raider games ever.

:yes:

• Like 2

Excellent, if you can finish the first level without a walkthrough, you will be able to finish the game. It just takes a lot of exploring and remembering where things are.

:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Nope, but remember where that puzzle hole is. You will have to find your way back there eventually from the top at the other side.

• Like 1

thanks for letting me in George

i am in HMS botany bay

have a fuse
and the yellow machine oil
+captains key used in 1 place to get the machine oil i think
also used the cargo bay access card
there gave me access to a huge room
where i could shoot a lock high up on a grated door
also found the place where i shall use the oils
but missing the blue oil
where shall i look after that

and haven't seen a slot for a fuse

The Machine Oil is at the top of this room. When you find the slot for the fuse, there is a secret in that room, and you will also get the other 2 secrets as well after that.

828172551_bluefuse.jpg.71046617b4c39c1878a8f5a1ea3df483.jpg

2 hours ago, George said:

The Machine Oil is at the top of this room. When you find the slot for the fuse, there is a secret in that room, and you will also get the other 2 secrets as well after that.

so how do you open the door on top of this room

i tried to shoot on the chain and the fire extinguisher

monkeyswing  as long i could

There is a lever switch on a platform at the bottom of the room somewhere I think, which opens a door in that room. It might be a jump switch, I can't remember. The answer is in that room, you don't have to leave the area.

in blue alert i have only found the silver secret

and can finish the level do we come back here

or where shall i look for them??

Blue Alert, I can't remember. I shall have a think and perhaps replay the level, see if I can remember where they are, but you don't go back to the level. I think there are 2 secrets around the wreck, one up in the roof near a breathe hole, and another down a hole on the ocean floor somewhere, but I can't remember.

Yes, the gold secret is down a hole in the ocean floor underneath a yellow mini submarine, and the ruby secret is in the top part of ocean area, in a cave which you swim up into nearby. You can see the ruby secret through a metal grating.

In the Botany Bay level:

1. How do you get the yellow mixture bottle from behind the UW grate at the start of the level?  I have the blue mixture bottle.

2. How do you swim into the UW room after opening the UW door?  Lara always goes to the bottom and drowns.

3. How does the yellow door to the fuse panel corridor open at the cargo bay start? I have the fuse.

4. Is it possible (and how) to go into the water under the block platform in the cargo bay?

5. There is a switch that can be reused (only switch that can) but the camera shot only blinks for less than a millisecond (cannot see it).  What does it do?

Edited by TombOwl
  • Like 1

Hi, there are basically just 3 main areas in Botany Bay, the air ducts (tunnels), the area to the left near the start, and then the big area after you turn off the electricity. Each area can be solved without back tracking too much. First, use the lever to open the first area where you shoot the ahmet and get the crowbar. The crowbar gets you into the tunnels. There are 4 branches in the tunnels and that area can be finished in one visit. When you get the big area after turning off the electricity, you can finish that area without back tracking.

When you have the crowbar, solve the 4 passages in the air ducts. All 4 of them do something.

George, thank you for your reply.  However, I did all of that last night twice and keep coming to the same dead end at the cargo bay.  I am currently replaying the entire level in case I encountered a bug. The millisecond camera shot problem was corrected in this new replay an hour ago.

[I already have 2 glitches in the game: a useless "load" in the inventory from the second unnecessary Vulcan stone (from the eye of the skull wall) at the end of the Ravine level, and 13 secrets in the statistics count when I only have 12 roses at the start of HMS Botany Bay because 2 secret counts register when getting the gold secret in the ship graveyard at the torch area after coming back from the Secrets of the Sea level.]

Basically, I need 2 answers to continue:

1. How do you swim into the UW door in the tunnels (after the crowbar door is used) without drowning at the bottom.

2. How do you get the yellow mixture bottle (I know where it is at the start of the level but not how to go there)?

Thank you for your help.

1. You can't swim into that underwater room until you switch the fans off.

2. I have no idea. I can't remember.

*edit* I'm writing a walkie, so that should sort everything out.