George

Amber Life - Inchdix

George, your work sounds good.  I await your revised game levels to see how they play.  The camera shot problem happens in many other levels as well, so it is probably due to the random effects as you say, and can't really be fixed. That is ok.

Eddy on the levelbase yesterday mentioned on that forum that he had a problem in "Botany Bay" where a pushable block fell down a hole and blocked passage causing the game to end.  I don't know what he meant, but maybe there is something to it.

Eddy also said that he climbed the ladder at the spikes because some customlevels in the past required that.  Thus, it is good that you added flames to prevent that.

Thanks for all of your efforts in bringing Inchdix's work to life.

Edited by TombOwl
  • Like 1

It has been an honour to work on these levels. It's an education, like sitting at the feet of the master. My replay is up to Secrets of the Sea and is going well. I had problems with sinking blocks and removed perhaps a dozen blocks from the level. It was Botany Bay those problems showed up in. I never encountered the problem again.

Finished the run through. Tomorrow I'll release Amber Life v2 

:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Thanks George.  I tried to download the new version from your link, but it is still the old version.  When will the new one be available?  Thanks again.

Cache issue TombOwl, the new version is available now and the link was updated. I've deleted the original game files just now so this can't happen again. Hot refresh on your browser should fix it.

George,  I downloaded v2 and it works fine.  The existing savegames work with it since you mostly made cosmetic-type changes, so I was able to quickly see how you changed the rock wall in the "Ravine level" at the tree, and how the trapdoor will open anywhere the block can move in "HMS Botany Bay".  Good job.  Thanks again for all your work. 

Edited by TombOwl
  • Like 1