Sign in to follow this  
George

Jon's Islands

Jon sent me these files a few years ago, but thought I'd lost the files. Found them last month and so there is a brand new game by Inchdix on the go. I've been working on level 1 for about 2 months and I would guess I'm about half way through it. 5 levels in total by the looks of things. Here are a few screenshots.

sfi-intro.jpg.d5673227be991077cb82137164592a41.jpg

sfi-lvl1-1.jpg.007ef61d2cec0603af13e42ac58605f7.jpg

sfi-lvl1-2.jpg.2b22668173cc422a92b3e5ab3bbcb4c1.jpg

Titak dressed Lara for us in the screenshots above, and she has kindly given Lara a new wetsuit which our favourite adventurer will be making good use of later in the game.

wetsuit-greenbluegrey.jpg.477e162c61e37d33cf6d5fdd16b092af.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

I still have a JR6 level on the go somewhere. I'll crack on with it once this game is released.

• Like 1

I'm still exploring level 1, trying to find my way around, but I think I'm beginning to get somewhere.

sfi-lvl1-3.jpg.1e02d8f02217ac5d1b9e80b23363dd85.jpg

• Love 1

Heard from TC14 last night, and he has done some work on this project and he's sending me his files with what he has done. All very exciting. I love the first level. Not looked at the others yet.

• Cool 1

Level 2 is going to take a while. Does anyone have TR2 sound 321-0? It's missing from the Wad.

Hello mate, you sound upbeat :weights1: I'm enjoying a bit of level building again. It is fun.

Just when you think Jon can't amaze you any more, along comes a new area. A flyby showed me a pickup on a pedestal, the cam panned around a room and then stopped on Lara who wasn't far away from the pickup. Easy, I thought, I'll just go get that pickup. Well, I've run around that area for half an hour and used DOZY twice and can't find the pickup. I know it's there, somewhere close to Lara, but I can't find it even using DOZY. That guy is just, well, in a league of his own. He even shows you a pickup in a flyby just around a corner and I can't find it.

:bow:

I'm running out of superlatives for Jon. He can get more gameplay and exploration into one level than I get into two. I've just discovered this new area so not touched up the textures yet. Amazing game,

inchdixlvl2.jpg.f382716fde3c8c5f8c62a89c57cc8b15.jpg

• Like 1

Just finished my first run through of level 2 of Inchdix's new game, took me just under two hours. Unbelievable work. Now I need to finish adjusting textures, fix a few bugs, and smooth out the gameplay in one or two places.

sfi-lvl2-2.jpg.28d8ef9c461bafcd0e72d76774305d94.jpg

First two levels are finished. I'm going to run through them both as a sort of pre alpha test, just to cement the gameplay into my head before embarking on the next stage of the adventure. Time for Lara to change into the wetsuit.

Small update - the first two levels are ready for beta testing, I'll be kicking off into level 3 tomorrow. This is the most immersive Tomb Raider experience I've had for years. Even after working on the 2nd level for weeks, I still don't know how two of the three secrets actually work. Jon's use of flipmaps and rolling balls and triggers is simply genius.

I'm having a wee swim in the next level, and really, I don't think the organic texturing could be improved. I've converted the project to a V50, but really, the level looks amazing, astonishingly so, and I don't think it could be improved. I'll replace some of the submarine and other base style textures of course, but organically, erm, to touch this masterpiece would be a crime. Lara looks pretty cool in her new swim suit Titak, thanks!

sfi-lvl-4.jpg.ffc0b4486cd24f262a0ca446e1ed5636.jpg

Titak, the harpoon gun has shown a face and it's part of the gameplay, totally needed. Anything I should know?

Posted (edited)

Was the harpoon gun included in the download? Including the CROSSBOW_ANIM?

You can customize the harpoon gun if you want using a script for it.
Same for the ammo.
Here's what I'm using for my harpoon gun:

Customize=      CUST_HARPOON, HRP_DOUBLE_AMMO+HRP_DISABLE_LASER_SIGHT, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 150, IGNORE

So my harpoon gun only uses regular arrows and explosive arrows.
And this ammo can also be customized using the Customize=      CUST_AMMO, CROSSBOW_AMMO1_ITEM, *******  command

Btw, AgentXP made a very good HD remake pack of the Sleeping with the Fishes textures: https://www.trsearch.org/item/4534
In case you are interested.

Edited by Titak
  • Like 1

Hi, I downloaded that HD remake pack yesterday and I'm just about to go work on the TGA. Lara by you has the crossbow + ammo. It needs to be the harpoon gun. Adding Jon's harpoon and crossbow anim causes crashes. No idea what I'm doing here lol

:new:

I've discovered a way to make high ressie textures out of low ressie textures using my photo software.:D Ta da! Saved myself weeks and weeks and weeks of work. I will never have to retexture a level to NG it ever again! I think the fish and the amazing jellyfish might be TC14s work, not sure.

sfi-lvl-42.jpg.8fd37a17718bffc1045410f66126fe23.jpg

• Like 1