Sign in to follow this  
George

George's Photos

George -

I'm proud to be one of the first to visit your new site. Great photos & you know I've been a Tomb Raider since the start...

Hello everyone, good photographing & Tomb Raiding !!!

Feel free to start your own photo thread Jim. Might actually pin the personal photo threads. keep them at the top.

Morven mentioned stonechats over at Facebook the other day. Glad she did. I knew I had some stonechat photos somewhere, so went to dig them out. Couldn't find them! They were not in my library. Sat there shaking my head in disbelief for a few minutes and then went looking through old computers and old backups and eventually found them. Changing systems and websites and computers doesn't make for a stable and reliable filing system. And here they are. They're in the library now.

stonechat01.jpg.319e15d9c0995440ea843ef783a83c17.jpg

stonechat02.jpg.b04fe4e24582482fdc070ac8e8aa7c54.jpg

stonechat03.jpg.23506d4790e12049a8e9b38bea398550.jpg

• Wow 1

There is definitely an artist in you somewhere. Engineers, architects, mathematicians, solicitors, civil engineers, professional people, like you were all your life, are rarely artists as well. Makes for a strange mix and one side of you must drive the other side mad at times.

:laugh: 

I knew Mr and Mrs Guts had a nest somewhere, and I suspect it was over by the railway station somewhere but I'm not sure. Anyway, Mr Guts showed up this week with his kids for this year and introduced me to another 3 Gutlings. Mr Crow isn't quite sure what to make of them.

gutlings.jpg.f9ecb1c4bb19ea8d2ecab6c0a48b7abf.jpg

• Cool 1

Well, only artists could see the potential in that photo of yours, all those professional folks I mentioned, like you, would skim right past it and think nothing of it.

That crow has a bit of gray around his neck.
But it is not a hooded crow, is it? Because they also have a grey breast and bellie.

The gutlings look great. :classic_love:

• Like 1

Loving these pics! :classic_love:

Btw, I came into this topic thinking "I wonder why George is going to chat about stones...". :OMG:
Didn't know the English name for this lovely bird.
We do have them here in the Netherlands, but I have never seen one...

• Haha 1

I'm not sure, he's either a carrion or a hooded. Can they breed together those two birds? If not, he's probably a juvenile hoodie.

They are definitely remote country birds. Try valleys where few humans go and you might find them.

No valleys in this country.
And I wonder if we even have places where few humans go... Do they like woods or do they prefer open spaces like pastures?