• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've waited years to get a decent photo of a heron in flight. This morning I finally got one. Not only that, but he had just taken off from a river and I caught the splashes in the water. Happy!

The Eider ducks are coming closer to shore as nest building time approaches. The males are the white ducks, the females the brown ones, and you can find them along Brora beach towards Kintradwell.

Here's Mr Heron watching someone hauling creels. It's not often photos like this present themselves.  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple of photos of the countryside around where I live, first one is looking across Sutherland to Morven and Maiden Pap, the second is the road through Glen Loth.

morven.jpg.37801283db5580861e5e28bb0b363963.jpg

glenloth.jpg.2c7a4e25594b9cc6c20dbf0b970b69cf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Talk about climbing the walls? No idea how long I've actually been working through all my old stock photos, remastering them for upload to my stock portfolio, but it's been a couple of years. Finished the job a few minutes ago. Oh boy, glad that's over. From now it will all be fresh photos to work with, wonderful.

Here is the very last archived photo I just worked on, which was taken on a trip to Stroma Island in July 2014. I'm tired of reworking these old photos. I guess you could say I've just completed my apprenticeship as a photographer. It's graduation day! What a lot of work to get here. 

stromalighthousepano.jpg.66f01109afbed0754e3a815e9d0b9759.jpg

And here is the first of a few new photos I took yesterday, a sanderling I met down the beach.

sanderling.jpg.f5ccbf50db1aa610bca40695d5146c58.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's one of the brand new P8 Poseidon anti-submarine aircraft arriving from the States.

"The first of the UK’s new P-8A Poseidon Maritime Patrol Aircraft will land at Kinloss Barracks in Scotland this week. The ‘Pride of Moray’ will arrive on Tuesday the 4th of February, between 1300-1500 at Kinloss Barracks in Scotland."

• 1 month later...
  • George changed the title to Scapes 2020
  • George pinned this topic
  • George unpinned, unpinned and unpinned this topic