Lara of Light

George

Hit a problem in level 3 where a trigger refused to work. I think having too many pushblocks in your level is not good for the Editor. From now on I'm going to keep pushblocks to under 6 per level max. I've also discovered that moving pushblocks across special triggers like condition or parameter triggers can totally mess up the pushblocks and make them sink into the ground and do other weird stuff. Fixed things up though and I'm on my way again.

• Wow 1

I have no grudges with anyone mate, not any longer. Anyone can host my work if they want to. You good? Family doing well?

I used to have a problem with dozy cheaters following walkthroughs just to get their review counts up (and, of course, the bastards who only wrote reviews with malicious intent), but really, with hindsight, the dozy cheaters are only hurting themselves because they're missing out on absolutely everything that playing good games can offer. Beat the game using your wits and intelligence and you feel good about yourself, it's extremely rewarding. I don't have a problem with dozy players skimming through levels just to write reviews now, I feel sorry for them because they're only cheating themselves.

Mind you, I will say this, anyone who uses DOZY and follows a walkthrough to play a game has not earned the right to review it :1156149538_coolsunglasses:

Yeah, there are tons of really hard games which are impossible to play without cheating and using walkthroughs, but that's their fault for giving them high marks for gameplay in their reviews and ratings.

glad to hear that you are a changed man :D

i'm doing good, 5 months from now I will have a son, we are expecting :)

working on IBOG still from time to time, but recently i fucked up all sounds in my WAD by accident and lost incentive to try to fix it; doing other stuff for now

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

It's always a tough one when you lose work mate. We've all done it. Did you know Raider X lost an entire level during Jungle Ruins? Yeah, he almost gave up. Jungle Ruins almost never happened. After a few weeks, he got his head back on and rebuilt the WAD and texture set and rebuilt the level from memory. I think he was able to rip the geometry. At least this is a new level, so you should be okay when you get over the loss.

• Cool 1