Jungle Ruins 6

Raider X

And here is how the area looks in game. That's level 1 finished and alpha tested. Just need to put in secrets once Todd let's me know which secret system we're using. An hour's playing time for me to run through it, so it's one of the biggest levels I've ever made with tons of exploring. On with level 2 tomorrow!

jrglvl01-05.jpg.1ab298606fa6fbfe4d7fde070fdb9570.jpg

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Tried to work on level 2 this evening Raider, but couldn't face it. I've been working 5 or 6 hours a day for the last month to get the first level done, and it's burned me out. I'm going to take a wee break for a week or three, recharge the batteries. On the plus side, I think level 1 is one of the best levels I've ever made, and it should appeal to new players as well.

• Like 1

Morning Raider :weights1: Excellent to see you. I have a thought. I don't think the two levels I have will jump to your levels and will crash. So how about this? My 2 easy levels kick the game off, get folks back into the jungle mood, I do a resethub jumping to your first level and you kick off the story there. I can do another later level or two using one of your WADs after that when I know more about the story.

Does that sound like a decent plan?

• Like 1

I'm back in level building mode Todd, probably around 70% finished with the 2nd level. I'll post a few more screenshots soon. Once these 2 are done, I'm going to package it up and send a playable game to you. Then I'm going to take a break until I play your first level so I can get a feel for where the story is going and how it's getting there.

• Like 1

This second level is about 40 minutes of easy gameplay and exploring. I'd call these two opening levels an appetiser and starter to get folks into the atmosphere and whet their appetite for the main course (coming next) by Raider X  :bow:

jr6-level201.jpg.961839cd50d797a69ce00bc21eaa5bb4.jpg

jr6-level202.jpg.821bae8666b82d635348f5c5501525b6.jpg

jr6-level203.jpg.ddecd1a7b5ab01f4a75ecacbdbaa3d0e.jpg

• Like 1