Jungle Ruins 6

Raider X

New area in my 3rd level under construction. This will be the final area, and it is all about exploration. I'll post screenshots as it develops. It's boxy just now because it's about 32 rooms all joined together. It will be a while before it takes shape. Thing is, I can see the final area in my mind, and that's what it's all about really.

newarea.jpg.b3e255e0d443f924a03209f2f77df881.jpg

• Like 3

Geometry and texturing of huge cave and jungle areas is long hours of painstaking work. This is going to take forever. Have I given myself too much work? :ponder:Imprisoned Spirits is much easier. I can build 3 IS levels in the time it takes me to build 1 Jungle Ruins level.

update.jpg.a5a8592695a4903c935fdf1f62e33a5d.jpg

• Like 3

Well, that's the basic building and texturing done for this area, so that's the labour intensive and tedious work out of the way :yes:  Now it's the fun stuff - building gameplay, lighting, building atmosphere, putting audio in, and bringing the whole thing to life with enemies and objects.

update.jpg.cfaf2f561f6b0d3ccb62af232b54a004.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, this level is by far the most complicated area I've ever built. It is going to be waterfalls and jungle and small temples and platforming and exploring and fighting and all the usual stuff.

:classic_laugh:

• Like 3

I really enjoy this level. It's just about finished. Todd, that's my 3 levels for this game finished :biggrin: I've another few run throughs to do, of course, but I'm done mate. My levels will be 1-3, and you can pick it up from the level jump at level 4.

:contract:

jr6lvl302.jpg.81ebb695aade08b6b163527ae0c5730e.jpg

• Like 2

I'm done, 3 levels finished. Let me know when you're fit enough to be able to play them Todd so you can kick off your first level as level 4 jumping from my 3rd level.

:music:

My levels are alpha tested Todd, over to you. When you're able I'll package up all my files and the scripts and audio tracks and you can pick it up in level 4.

:thanks:

Apologies, I think Raider X must have been caught by the natives and whacked into a jungle prison with the guide somewhere. I might have to send Lara back in to try and find him.

:wtf:

• Haha 1

No I'm here.. just started a new job and have been kissing there butts for a couple weeks.:contract: Don't worry i am slowly playing through your levels. I'm trying to hit as many squares as I can to find bugs and such... So far none found!!

• Like 3