Sign in to follow this  
George

@ Raider X

Raider, there is a problem affecting all of us in the TR Community. Levels are so hard these days that most Raiders can't play them without following walkies and using DOZY. The problem is that they've been riding bikes with crooked handle bars for so long they now think it's normal. No new players are coming to the community because levels are so hard new players can't play them and bin them. So builders are now essentially spending months and even years of their lives making games for perhaps 10 to 20 players who are using DOZY and following walkthroughs while no one else can play them. Instead of thousands of people playing our games, we're building games for a tiny minority who use DOZY and religiously follow walkthroughs,

I'm not prepared to spend months of my life making levels for a tiny minority of Raiders who use DOZY and follow walkthroughs.

As I see it, the only way forward here is to make easy games like the originals and try to attract new players who can play them without using DOZY and following walkthroughs. When we fell in love with Tomb Raider all those years ago, the games were easy and you could finish them without using DOZY or following walkthroughs. We need to get back to that. There is nothing like the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment that comes with finishing a game using your own Raiding skills, wit, and intelligence. Using DOZY and following walkthroughs destroys everything worth having from playing Tomb Raider.

I'm going to make dead easy levels with lots of exploring and I'm going to build DOZY traps into every level so those who refuse to play without using DOZY can't play them. We need to get back to Tomb Raider roots here and start attracting new players to the game again by making easy games with easy controls which even brand new players can finish. I'm not even going to use any new moves, just the moves that the original TR games gave us.

If you're not happy with that, you had better speak up now.

:wheelchair:

Well our games have never really been that hard though. As long as we keep the same kind of gameplay and challenges it will be fine I think.:yes: 

• Like 1