Sign in to follow this  
George

Brora harbour - 7th March '20

Posted (edited)

Believe it or not this photo was taken on 18th Dec 2016. #brora #winterphoto p.s straight horizon

20161218_142136.jpg

Edited by Deirdre

Morning Deirdre, I shoot 16:9 all the time now. Most cameras are set up for 3:2, but all television screens and computer screens and phone screens are 16:9 now, I believe, so 16:9 tends to look more natural in my opinion. There is no right or wrong on this. 16:9 does not work for portrait oriented photos though, like the nice photo above, they would be better at 3:2 on a camera, but not sure about a camera phone as I've never used one :ponder:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Okdoke will play around with settings. Thanx 👍

20200310_103205.jpg

Edited by Deirdre
  • Like 1

I think you're perfect with that setting, at least on landscape oriented photos. Keep your photos landscape oriented for now as that setting is ideal. 2560x1440 @ 3.7 Mp is also ideal for internet sharing and viewing on computers. It's perfect.

:surf:

• Like 1

That's a big difference! 16:9 does look much better, in my opinion. The colours and contrasts are excellent as well, and the whole photo is nicely exposed. Yes, that's quite excellent. You're learning :music:

• Like 1

Kind of thirds. The motor home helps haha...  Not really happy with this pic. 

20200312_064328~2.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, the tree needs to be on the right third with more of the sunny sky on the left showing. Just needed to go <--- that way a wee bit :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

I cropped it for you, it works now. You can see the photos, and the more you use your camera, the easier it will be to capture what it is you're seeing. See how much better the photo is with the tree on a third?

tree.jpg.fa19ef642fbbdfbb4d40da3ca82a4727.jpg

And here it is with a bit of post processing. You can get apps, filters and things you can use on your photos on your phone to bring out colours and contrasts. I have no experience with camera apps for phones though, so I've no idea about them. By the way, this is your photo, you took this, all I did was crop it and bring out some colour.

tree.jpg.28b9169a4e66fc2dcf0f6d19bbc0aaf6.jpg

Oooo you have a piccie on your profile now :683746041_beercheers2:

Blimey you made it good amazing! Thank you. I got over 235 likes on my path and river photo. Haven't checked today 😊 Yip decided to be brave with profile pic ha

• Like 1