Still Waters Run Deep

Posted (edited)

Inspiration struck so Lara and I have been transported to the beautiful, yet dangerous, South Pacific! :surf:  Not much to see yet but this is the first time I've made scrolling TR3 waterfalls (I ususally use the waterfall objects) and I am right proud of myself!  :laugh:

shot000.jpg

shot001.jpg

shot002.jpg

*******************************************************************************************************

Lara Croft received word from her colleague, Dr Henry Jones Jr, that his research team in the South Pacific had found an old RX Tech survey vessel stranded in a lagoon off the coast of a remote island in the South Pacific. But, after hearing nothing more for two weeks after the initial message:

“Willard must have sent several ships out in search of the Meteorite Stones before he hired me to find them for him.” Lara mused. “I should check this out in case Dr Jones has found something equally dangerous!”

*****************************************************************************************

Edited by Kitkat
Added storyline

Yay, KK is building again. Looks like the new editor I guess. Those scrolling textures work really well. They're also excellent in room portals applied double sided with transparency. I did so love the South Pacific. Keep the screenshots coming :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Actually, NGLE. I do have tomb editor installed but force of habit I started a new NGLE folder and started building! :classic_laugh:

When it's nearing completion I might load the project into tomb editor to see about tarting it up a little - diagonal wall, etc... We shall see.

I'm still using the NGLE as well. It's perfectly adequate for me and I'm too old for learning curves :classic_laugh:  Imaginative - sounds like an excellent title for a game.

2 hours ago, George said:

I'm still using the NGLE as well. It's perfectly adequate for me and I'm too old for learning curves :classic_laugh:  Imaginative - sounds like an excellent title for a game.

:laugh5:  I'll figure out a proper name for the level later! 

• Like 1

It's all your fault. This afternoon after seeing this I got all inspired to start the 2nd level of IS-Fallen Angels. It's now a work in progress. Now look what you've done.

:no2:

• Like 1

Somebody remind me why I thought it was a good idea to build a ship?!  :classic_blink::classic_dry:

Spent most of yesterday fighting with it! Finally managed to get the hull "hull" shaped! :classic_laugh:

shot004.jpg

• Wow 1

Very brave of you. I've never even considered attempting one. I've still no idea how Inchdix put HMS Botany Bay together. That does look like a boat though :bow:

• Like 1

Absolutely no  idea about alot of how Inchdix put the Botnay Bay together either! I have however managed to get a few rooms inside my boat so I'm calling that a win!

• Haha 1

Yes, but I've not used it as I'm too old for learning curves and I'm going back to the basics of the original TR adventures for my gameplay so I don't need it anyway :classic_laugh: I'd be careful if you think of changing editors in the middle of a big game mate as I'm not entirely sure how compatible it is with TRNG.

• Like 1

yeah i just looked at youtube and it exists since 2017, and i knew nothing about it :O 

i am mind blown! it looks like modern 3d modeling programs like Maya or Blender, amazing.

I wonder how compatible is it with NGLE. probably does not have the modern NGLE functions and it's a major drawback.

If it was compatible i would seriously consider swtching over - not in the middle of IBOG development though

• Like 2