Sign in to follow this  
Kitkat

Conversion Error

I was happily building away when I converted the prj using Tom2Pc and noticed this very stange message:

error001.jpg.2786232e1f6ef4150cf361d4c2e9ae4b.jpg

I've managed to figure out it is to do with the TR3 waterfalls (or atleast the textures.) I just don't know why?

The level did convert and play but after a few more adjustments to the prj and conversions it couldn't convert the tom anymore. I lost a fair amount of work figuring out what was wrong. But now I know what's causing it, what to do about it? I really want more waterfalls in my level! Wondering if I should just revert to waterfall objects? Is this a known issue? Is it to do with my anim ranges?

I don't know KK, but I've never built a level with more than 100 rooms before. The old Editor had a limit of 100 rooms, but you could increase that to 200 which I thought was the limit, but which I've never done. If all else fails, can you split the level and see if it converts? Did you keep backups as you were going? Another thing I've done in the past is go back save by save until I find the last one that worked then rebuild from there. One of the first things I do when starting a new game is convert it and make sure it plays when I've built a few rooms.

PS I've never encountered any problems with anim rangers or scrolling waterfalls. My first port of call would be to split the level as it could be simply beyond the limits of the Editor at 214 rooms.

Hang on, your AllocFileBuffer is under 1 Million? How is that possible with 214 rooms???

:wtf:

Ooops, it's 7.5 Million, but still, that's extremely low for so many rooms. I don't worry about AllocFileBuffer until it gets close to 20 Million. With 100 room levels my AllocFileBuffer usually sits around 16-18 Million.

All those rooms are all empty at the moment. Just basic geomentry, no gameplay yet. Except the starting lagoon area.

I have back-ups. Maybe its the room limit. Although it looks like I can go up to 299.

It was converting fine and then this started. I went back through my saves to the last working one. It took a bit to figure out its the waterfall textures. If I use them add them to a new area I get that message, texture over them with some other texture and the level converts fine.

Well, I deleted rooms so I was down to 193 - still happened. Then I started playing with the geomentry. There was a triangular section in the waterfall. I moved the floor/ceiling lines to remove it and the level converts without errors, still with 214 rooms! I don't understand what difference that would make but I'm calling this a win. But I still might have to split the level... My only defence is I had SO much inspiration I just kept on building!  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Ooooo you are brave! I'm terrified of the Editor  :yes:  I never dare to mess with its limits, and at the first sign of a tantrum I close my levels down. It's far too scary for me :nervous: Good job on figuring out what was annoying it :bow:

• Like 1