Sign in to follow this  
Kitkat

Secret Error

So, instead of the secret chiming just once it is permanently stuck in a loop until Lara leaves the square and when you check the stats it has registered hundreds of times (no joke 254 was the highest, but it varies depending on how long Lara is standing on the square) I only have 4 secrets. I've checked to make sure they are all numbered sequentially. I've never had this happen before. It's really weird. Has anyone else come across this?

• Wow 1

If it's a secret error, how come you know about it? :ponder:

• Haha 1

Dunno KK, what about one shot? If that doesn't work, I'd be tempted to delete all the triggers and set it up again from scratch on a different tile. Can you do that?

What set up do you have? Is it a standard Lara steps on the tile and it triggers? Or is it a pickup trigger? Or is it a heavy trigger triggered by a rolling ball? Or is it a heavy trigger triggered by a flyby cam? Can you describe the setup please :baby:

Just a bog standard Lara steps on a tile trigger. It's so weird. I don't get it. I've already deleted the trigger and item and reset. I'm sure I haven't duplicated the secret number. I'll try deleting it again and see if one-shot helps

And yes, I have split the level so no more 200+ rooms

Pick up triggers and heavy triggers on secrets don't need one shot, but bog standard on the floor ones definitely need one shot.

:yes:

I have absolutely no recollection of ever making a secret trigger one-shot! So, now I'm wondering if all my other secrets were pick-ups? :ponder:

Well, it worked:

shot008.jpg

hi Kitkat,

was this a secret trigger which should pay the sound automatically, or separate trigger for the sound?

if yes - can you double check which flipeffect you used? there are two "play single time" and :play in a loop" and they are right next to each other. easy to misclick

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Wasp. :classic_smile:  Simple step on tile trigger. I forgot the "one-shot" needed!  :classic_laugh: No fancy flipeffects used!

Edited by Kitkat
  • Like 1

I usually make all my secrets pick ups, so yeah, you probably haven't used a floor trigger before :classic_laugh: Hi wasp, things are hotting up around here. Looks like we have some very nice TR adventures underway :yes:

• Like 1

By the way, I love the title of your game.

:classic_love:

• Like 1