Misc 2020

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr Crab playing golf this morning down the beach.

Posted Images

I can see a few different things in this still life of a strand of seaweed on the shore this afternoon. Well, that does look like a big eye, wings and a long tail.

seaweedbeach.jpg.fb1c4c1909e6a3108587672941195e02.jpg

• Love 1

Here's a telephoto close up of surf bubbling in sand as the tide was coming in over Brora beach. This isn't the macro world, it's different to the macro world, it's a world exclusive to telephoto lenses.

bubblysurf.jpg.53c1fc3b4335296a1125d57044721517.jpg

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Deirdre said:

FB_IMG_1583739553765.jpg

No over in Golspie across the road from old police stn looking out to sea... I noticed I chopped his toe off! Poor guy! 😯😊

• Like 1

Nice photo, and it looks fine to me regarding sharpness. We're still working on thirds this week, so here's another lesson on thirds for you. When looking through the view finder or on the rear screen, you have to imagine grid lines on the thirds, like this.

oilrigthirds.jpg.f8e6384972426bd4040c9bc15942f261.jpg

Horizons and subjects should, generally speaking, be on one of the thirds, or very close to them. I've cropped this one for you to show you how the image appears when you put the oil rig and the horizon on thirds. It's easy, all you have to do is move your camera a wee bit. I know, I know, the sky was amazing, but hey, it still looks amazing when the oil rig and horizon are on thirds.

oilrigcrop.jpg.edfc8c855027cae744573238caef1023.jpg

You can edit your posts here there should be an edit button next to options at the bottom of each of your posts. Handy for fixing typos before anyone notices  :classic_laugh: