Hi McRaider

Hello everybody in the forum! it's great to be back at skribblerz. I've seen the progress of some levels that are still in work and they look excellent! At the moment trying to finish Lara of Lights that I have resumed in the level A glitch in Time because I had a setback in the last level and I did not have a previous saved game..things that happen :)  Thanks George for the welcome to the forum, a pleasure to be here.!

• Like 2

Yeah, sorry about the game killer. I never jumped off the bridge during testing and missed the problem. Thanks for finding it! It's fixed now.

:love2:

• Like 1

I'll look forward to reading it and thanks for taking the time. Enjoying your summer over there? We've had one of the best summers I can remember here in the Highlands. Well, perhaps not sunny all the time, but it has been warm enough to walk around in t-shirts most days for months.

We are going through a humid summer, which means extreme temperatures, little wind and high humidity degrees ... after that, it is a good summer for those who come to the beaches. In September from 10 to 28 I have vacations that are always welcome and I will have more time to continue with my main hobby which is wooden ship models.Right now I am working at the H.M.S. Winchelsea -1764..

F9288-002.thumb.jpg.9c6b3c0dd76eb4b85e3b5717618f8464.jpg

• Wow 1

You made that? From wood? That's real craftsmanship. I used to build Airfix model ships when I was a kid, but that's just out of this world. I see there have been 7 ships to bear the name. How on earth do you research something like that to get the specifications you would need to build a model?

This is a hobby that I have been doing for the last 40 years, it brings experience and knowledge ... in different websites you can find plans or go to museums where they sell them, these are copies of the originals. My attention is on building ships between the 17th centuries and 18th..it has also been of utmost importance to be able to meet people who are masters of the technique and always attentive to their advice. You can find books about it written by people with vast experience and knowledge, these are expensive but they are worth every penny.The photos below are from the H.M.S Bounty and it took me 25 months to finish it. In my apartment I have another 7 ships and I am now working on what would be my biggest job due to the dimensions, approximately 110 cm long.

10995490_1600071160274394_5339753264668612858_n.jpg

14310369_1788199464794895_4418601083266383513_o.jpg

14257486_1788199691461539_6231714544923778980_o.jpg

14352017_1788199751461533_648621716068390632_o.jpg

14242337_1788199774794864_14939962900517248_o.jpg

• Wow 1

This one in particular has the hull covered in copper plates, about 1,500 on each side. It is a work in progress that I will at least be with for another year for sure. It does not show well in the photo but it is really big.

20200615_190955[71].jpg

• Love 1

I don't know what to say, I'm kinda speechless here. I mean, even the canvas sails look heavy and sagging under their own weight, and the cannons look real as if they've been in service. Even the ropes and rigging look real and to scale. The decks look like they have been fitted like real deck planking, and the blocks and tackles look as if they actually work. Are you using the same woods that the original ships were built with? I'm in awe. Thanks for the piccies. I'll look forward very much to hearing how the new project progresses.

I'm pretty sure there is a wreck of one of these old galleons off Brora somewhere. I found with my metal detector what I think is the brass handle from a piece of furniture off an old galleon washed up on the shore. My guess is whatever it was attached to floated ashore, the old timbers rotted away, and the brass handle found its way into the cracks in the rocks.

• Wow 1

I'm not using the same kind of wood they used.They used very hard woods like oak or teak, they cut the trees and had the woods in lakes for years, in some cases more than 50 ... that made the wood even harder ... there were many changes in materials, after discovering the " new "world since they found trees that they had never seen and their wood was as noble or better than that found in Europe ... the Spanish deforested the central part of the USA in less than 100 years, if we take into account that for construction a frigate required the amount of 500 oaks ..I'm using Swiss pear that came from Germany,it's excellent for work because bends very easy,very flexible (anyway in some cases I have to use steam to bend the wood)

About your findings on the coast, I think it is fascinating and maybe if that piece of metal reached the coast you will find other items on the same beach .. if you are knowledgeable about the area, look in detail at the direction with which the water is Directs, for example, if the winds go from east to west, continue in that direction since the sand drags everything in the direction of the water, study the behavior of the sea and it can give you more clues and rewards.I would love to see a photograph of your findings, I could give you an estimate of what it is and how old

When I lived in the city of Punta el Este, Uruguay, I was in contact with the team that, thanks to my addresses, found HMS Agammenon, which was one of the ships that Admiral Nelson captained, and that also took part in the battle of Trafalgar , they rescued cannons and other objects ... by the way, they never gave me credit.

• Angry 1

Not good news about not being credited. That's people for you. HMS Agammenon was a battleship, I think. I don't know anything about those old galleons, but I did serve in the Merchant Navy for a few years, sailed on bulk carriers, general cargo ships and a brand spanking new container ship built to Panama Canal specs. Hang on, I'm going to dig out that brass handle thingie and take a photo of it.

• Like 1

What makes me think this is off an old ship is the nautical design and that it was found on the coast. The design is a nautilus shell among what I believe is a collection of shells. What else could it be off? The obverse shows what I believe is where it was attached to a drawer or similar.

nautilus1.jpg.07a956f8800bd0ca3c887782ee8362b7.jpg

nautilus2.jpg.b8b3003b7c82ccbc12db92ca287b7a62.jpg

Interesting item .. because of the wear and tear and design it is sure is old, I would dare to say 200 years or more. It could be a nob if it is among the appropriate measurements. (I have no reference) but surely I will investigate vintage furniture models in ships, at least we can get closer to the year.

• Like 1