Hi McRaider

I'm replaying the game. I'll find the problem, might take a day or two. I'm running around in Genesis, which was my very first ever Tomb Raider game. It's not bad. I got stuck twice in the first level as I've totally forgotten everything. If this is a gameplay killer, I'll find the cause and fix it.

Just for my own peace of mind here mate, can you please confirm it's the exe you're using that came with the download? I'm not being funny, but custom exes haven't been tested with the game. I build my games using one exe, so I know it works, then my games are beta tested using that same exe, so the exe supplied with the game is fully tested. Custom exes are untested and they can be buggy.

Right, there is a problem somewhere then. I'm almost finished Genesis. When I get to The Mutant, I'll have a save at the beginning of the level and then I'm going to play it through and check every trigger in every room. If that door closes again there must be an anti-trigger for it somewhere which shouldn't be accessible. You will have to be patient with me as I'll need to get my head around the level again and then get stuck into the project files.

:love2:

Hello McR, I've checked the project files and there are no anti triggers for that door and there are no cheat killers. I'm now working on the assumption that you didn't come in through that door and that there must be an unintended shortcut somewhere and you got into that area from the rolling ball tunnel on level 1.

Now I realize that's what happened, I used tunnel # 1 with the rolling ball that's why I accessed where the deep pit was. When I returned that door was closed. When I started the level again, this time I found the second rolling ball (the one you have to release when you step on a tile) and that's where that door opens ..

It means that I accidentally found a way to get stuck.. :OMG:

• Cool 1

I'm going to have to fix it. I'll get my head around it when play the game through. I'm quite impressed with my early work. I think somewhere along the way we all got a bit too technical and fancy and gimmicky with Tomb Raider. I think Genesis is excellent. I'm going back to Tomb Raider roots.

Here is the story so far. There is absolutely nowhere to go and nothing to do at the start on the middle floor here.

mutant02.jpg.27732d13f4498f7ee7dd884e92a8ef82.jpg

If you go down to the lower pool level there is a closed door and a passage leading back to the top. There is nothing to do and nowhere to go down there either.

mutant01.jpg.a893e1ce769af1488f319acbe1b3ddd4.jpg

The only place you can go is along the passage on the top floor, push the block kill the wraiths, and head into this room and push the lever switch at the end. I can find absolutely nothing else to do and nowhere else to go.

mutant03.jpg.40a49ea45a65b0292753e75563d18ffc.jpg

That lever switch turns off these two flames. Are we good so far? Two switches, means two choices of routes, so if there is a problem I guess it could be here. I'll have to do both routes next one at a time and see what those two switches do and where things go in the level.

mutant04.jpg

• Like 1

It is a good game! 

As you say, the problem start now, two different rooms to choose from, there is one in which it has a rolling ball, you are supposed to jump back to release the ball .. I did that part but much later, maybe leave that to later is not a good idea.?

• Cool 1