It was t-shirt weather up here in the Highlands today. Went along the beach wrapped up in fleece, jacket, hat and gloves, and was down to a t-shirt on the way home. It was beautiful down there. Look at the gorgeous soft sunshine lighting up the colours in this razor shell.

razorshell.jpg.d9691e61d8a5272a8f685c5897415209.jpg

• Like 1

Winter arrived yesterday, and it was horrid again this morning, with snow on the hills and sleet on my windows. Cleared up around lunch time, the sun came out, and I enjoyed a lovely walk along Brora beach in the afternoon. The light was gorgeous as the sun set. I love looking into this telephoto world and photographing the life in there.

seashell.jpg.9b589b4c3414cc30cd1c425d2899e56f.jpg

• Like 1

Break in the rain so headed off along the shore with the camera. Rain didn't stay away for long, but I got my walk in. Love this new lens. Managed to catch the surf bubbling around the stone as the tide was going out.

beachstone.jpg.7e92b45ad8f05a200401317a78986ebb.jpg

Anyone having any kind of a winter at all this year? We've had none up here. It did turn cold this morning, and there was nasty little bite in the wind which chilled me a bit. No snow as yet this year and spring is on the way.

Today it was warm, had to take my hat off and open my jacket down the beach. This crab was sunning itself, but I think he was dead. He had no legs or claws at any rate, and his shell was empty, but he looks happy enough.

crabshore01.jpg.f2a8cba3b6ec3d508be8a4b3ff99531c.jpg

• Love 1