Had a really long walk along the shore today and came back with a good haul of photos. Here's one of a nesting fulmar crying to the skies. I'm kinda happy with this one :yes:

fulmar.jpg.f4651dc1aa7546afec9e0447b1c0b213.jpg

Good start to the month. This was the mouth of the River Brora this morning looking across to the beach and north to Helmsdale. Quite a view and only a few minutes walk from the house.

riverbrora.jpg.6dc3cfca95b2601cbfe43aca093f251e.jpg

I gave up tea and coffee two weeks back and I'm extremely surprised at the difference it has made. All the creaks and aches in my body have gone, even first thing in the morning. I get up, no aches or creaks, not in my neck, back or anywhere. The fog has gone from my head and my attention is coming back, I'm not so forgetful. I feel younger, not older. I feel fresh and alive, not lethargic and tired. I think tea and coffee is mass worldwide drug sedation. Makes sense, knowing how the world works. I had a massive migraine for 3 days after I quit, but I guess that's just withdrawal symptoms. Gone now and my head is clear.

And here is my new water cistern. Yes, I had to make holes in the umbrella near the tip for the water to flow out. There is a bungee from the washing line to the fence to keep it steady in the wind, and there is a bungee around the bottle keeping it steady on the step. The tip of the umbrella needs to be inside the funnel so it doesn't swing around. I'm looking forward to some proper water later when my bottles fill up.

water.jpg.c1a33077fa327df886fafa78ce496fb2.jpg

• Like 1

Just had my first glass of cool, clean rain water from my first bottle. I could do with a bigger catchment area to speed to process up. Took 5 hours to fill one bottle. Tastes amazing too. Yes, it has taste. My funnel has a gauze filter in its neck to stop bugs getting into the bottle. I recommend funnels with filters in them.

:music:

• Like 1

Cherry blossom yesterday, apple blossom today. What a beautiful time of year. These are right outside my front door.

apple.jpg.16ad4aaac09a02f1dfa78f6f10b9a4ea.jpg

• Love 1

While sitting in my armchair reading my bible before breakfast, as I do, just look who ran past my window! I was even quick enough to grab a camera and get a piccie.

roedeer-D-A.jpg.eeb6cc8d09caed22fec812ec7ed53359.jpg

• Like 1

These are growing in the River Brora, in the water beside the banks. We've had a long dry spell and the river has been low for weeks. I'm guessing the first spate that comes along with wash them away. Does anyone know if these are marsh marigolds?

yellowflowers.jpg.9854393c8c3267755fb947345a0dd6ee.jpg

These bluebells looked amazing floating down the river. Water and soft sunlight is very photogenic if you get the colours right.

bluebells.jpg.f28bf6f4760b8ebd9743c803a2a02e95.jpg