These bluebells looked amazing floating down the river. Water and soft sunlight is very photogenic if you get the colours right.

bluebells.jpg.f28bf6f4760b8ebd9743c803a2a02e95.jpg

You wake up one morning and discover the world has put on its summer clothes. Brora turned green overnight. Summer is here :classic_love: This is the River Brora from the bridge. I walk past this every day. Beautiful place.

riverbrora.jpg

The fledglings are fluttering about. So far I've had sparrow, dunnock, thrush and starling fledglings. No doubt others will be along soon, like blue tits and other cute wee things. Here's a thrush fledgling on my washing drying thingie this morning. He was watching me wondering what on earth kind of creature I was.

thrush.jpg.db49c54136db18f4a24070e01a93af76.jpg

Look what I found on the banks of the River Brora this morning. It's not a shrub or a bush, it's a flowering tree! I don't think it's native to the Highlands. When I find out what tree it is, I'll report back. Beautiful tree.

purpleflowers.jpg.c95e80c3bbb50f1d97b4b78754fa185e.jpg

• Love 1

Still haven't discovered what this tree is yet. It's related to rhododendron, but which one is still a mystery. Here's a snapshot of the whole tree.

rhoddys.jpg.6515adf08deb416588cef262731e69b5.jpg

• Love 1