The terns have started laying. If they're dive bombing you, it's because you're walking through their nests. Get out of their nesting zone and they will leave you alone. They are only protecting their chicks.

1507-arctictern02.jpg.91799a733a45f0b41cc02b916ab38e10.jpg

• Like 1

Rather happy with this one of a jackdaw perched above the River Brora looking down at the entrance to its nest. Totally ignored me as all it could think about was the chicks in the nest.

jackdaw.jpg.793da4d3108abcccb396444b5b6036ee.jpg

• Like 1

Here's what I've learned about these lupins:

Bluebonnet is Lupinus texensis, from Texas, but doesn't grow well in UK. This one is a cultivar of probably Lupinus nootkatensis - that's the species most lupins in UK derive from (from southeastern Alaska, the lupin best adapted to our climate), though some garden cultivars are hybrids too. There are also quite a lot in UK derived from Lupinus polyphyllus (another western N American species closely related to L. nootkatensis).

• Like 1

Thank you. It wouldn’t have been fair to the birds when she was alive. I’d put out food for them in the winter, just on the ground, but make sure Maeve was inside. Otherwise things could have got messy! :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

Good idea. Cats will be cats though. I mean, if you lived out in the Far East on the fringes of the jungle a cat would probably save your life a dozen times a week catching horrid little things that scamper around at night.

:683746041_beercheers2:

• Like 1