Good start to the month. Here's Brora beach looking excellent as spring thinks about waking up and painting the Highlands with its fresh colours.

brorabeach.jpg.47e917d976eb871bc7646163eb916241.jpg

Yesterday was my new birthday, March 3rd, and once a year on this date I have a large bottle of excellent Lager to celebrate. The 1st of April was my old dead George birthday, but March 3rd was the date I was sorted out at Papworth hospital 3 years ago, and that date is now my new life birthday because without Papworth and the consultant who spent 10 hours with his team sorting me out, I wouldn't be here. Happy new birthday to me!

:683746041_beercheers2: :classic_laugh: 

• Like 1

The fulmars have arrived. This time of year is amazing. I think the birds remembered me as they were not afraid of me in the slightest and two of them took off and buzzed me, flying just a few feet over my head. Spring is definitely here.

fulmar02.jpg.7ebd0fbec181e276466144cefd20d3ce.jpg

Here's a piece of orca seaweed breaching on Brora beach. Who would have thought photographing a piece of seaweed could be so much fun? :classic_laugh:

seaweed01.jpg.af45f326db25d39b53153920d941627e.jpg

The garden will be finished today. Martin is here spreading stones, and it is looking good. Here's a wave from Brora beach last week.

waveafter.jpg.7ac752b304c1c64fe6c6e47d1e3adff7.jpg