I think this seed pod has been identified as a thistle head, well dried out and likely preserved, probably off a dry flower display somewhere, which would explain its pristine condition despite being in the ocean.

A male mallard from earlier today. He was posing for me in the Golspie Burn and I'm happy with this portrait shot. I fed him some of my sandwich in return, so he was happy as well.

mallard.jpg.507adf59aa2ba4ae636a83e7e0768ecd.jpg

Here's another one of Mr Mallard. I think mallard are among the most beautiful birds in the world. Their feathers even change colour depending on the light and the angle you see them.

mallard2.jpg.e490145cef85ec69d8a11456517bb000.jpg

I've just been down to the harbour for a walk. Weather is bit dodgy, so came home as it looked like heavy rain was around. Mr Pigeon posed for me on a branch down by the Ice Pool on the way home.

pigeon.jpg.a010e746335cdb904f2af1f1f02686cf.jpg

I've been waiting patiently to see through this corona virus hoax, to learn what's really going on. This evening I found it. Here's a statement from the BBC regarding a new government law being proposed to combat the outbreak of something that is nothing more than a rather weak strain of flu.

Most controversially, the bill would give unprecedented powers to law enforcement agencies to detain people and put them in appropriate isolation facilities if necessary.

When this bill goes through next week, which it will, and not just in the UK but in every country around the world, the police and other law enforcement agencies will be able to arrest people for no reason at all, detain them indefinitely, and isolate them even if they have not committed any crimes.

Here's a blackbird out on my walk on a very bright sunny morning earlier. The background is over exposed, but I thought it complemented the blackbird rather well. More of an arty shot this one, not one for the stock portfolio.

200318-blackbird-D.jpg.c323fda7d1ccda8392cdac82a5839a4d.jpg

• Like 1
On 3/17/2020 at 11:22 PM, George said:

I've been waiting patiently to see through this corona virus hoax, to learn what's really going on. This evening I found it. Here's a statement from the BBC regarding a new government law being proposed to combat the outbreak of something that is nothing more than a rather weak strain of flu.

When this bill goes through next week, which it will, and not just in the UK but in every country around the world, the police and other law enforcement agencies will be able to arrest people for no reason at all, detain them indefinitely, and isolate them even if they have not committed any crimes.

I have to admit it's quite frightening how easily people have submitted to being placed under what is to all intents and purposes "marital law"!

• Like 1

Scary hey. Anyone can be picked up off the street, and detained indefinitely in isolation, no reason given, no crimes committed. The Gestapo have arrived on the back of a virus developed in a communist laboratory and everyone thinks buying toilet paper solves the problem.

Anyway, good to see you again Kitkat, hope all is well with you, and you're settled into your new life.

:music:

• Like 1