Had a great walk along the back shore. I had to wait an hour to get this photo of a seal with the Cairngorm Mountains in the background. I usually go for a shallow depth of field with wildlife and cream out the background, but in this case I wanted the mountains in as well so stopped the aperture down to f/16 on my 200mm. I had to wait for the tide to go out and had to do some careful rock stepping to get close enough and into the right position to get the mountains in the shot. An hour well spent! I'll write up the full photowalk report later.

sealmountains.jpg.137661c9ae13c0eb6790cadd450e90a9.jpg

• Like 1

Wonderful walk along the beach to Kintradwell earlier. And finally, I have my first ever decent and usable photo of a buzzard. Aren't they gorgeous birds.

buzzard.jpg.8a5970de99c992f656b6eeed511c86cf.jpg

• Love 1

Rainy start to the day, but it's clearing up. I think I'll go for a walk later. The weather is becoming much more pleasant these days. Won't be long before I'll be sitting out the back sunning myself. I think I'll make a start on the 2nd level of Imprisoned Spirit - Fallen Angels today.

:weights1:

Spent some excellent time with this grey seal down the back shore earlier. It isn't often you see the ocean this calm so you can capture reflections in the water. The seal must have known me because she posed for me quite happily.

seal.jpg.ff57a497659f3c80f94e801546cf141d.jpg

Another great walk along the coast today, though it was a bit on the chilly side. As long as I kept moving, I was comfortable. This raven came down to say hello. I think he remembered me.

raven.jpg.56ac952626080d8074846dee693f6a66.jpg

• Love 1

Excellent walk today, but turned a bit chilly late afternoon. Was glad to get home and warm up a bit. Weather is very changeable just now, with 2 or 3 seasons in one day sometimes. I was trying out a new camera strap today, a Joby, and it's excellent. It's so good and so comfortable I'll be writing a review and giving it 10/10. Here we have 3 herring gull juveniles and a common gull juvenile on the right.

seagulls.jpg.b20189bd84225bf54405f9bff676b439.jpg

Update on the seagulls, none of them are juveniles. I've learned that a juvenile is a bird in its first complete plumage before moulting, which is around 2-3 months after hatching. Two of the herring gulls are 2cy (second cycle) and one of them is 3cy (3rd cycle). The common gull is also 3cy. I have no idea what cycles are. Apparently, gulls are among the most difficult birds in the world to identify.