Earlier this year, Blue Highland Raptor Rescue in Brora cared for a very distressed oyster catcher with a broken wing. She had been hit by a car and was a mess. After a few weeks of care, the bird recovered, her wing mended, and she was named Hope and released on Brora beach. Today I got a photo of her flying freely. She is a very healthy and happy looking bird enjoying a good life.

hope.jpg.081833fa370627f5bc0cf746643c455e.jpg

• Love 1

I have 3 duvet covers. Every time I put them through the washing machine, two of them are always the right side out, and one of them is always inside out. How on earth can a duvet cover turn inside out during washing every single time? How is that even possible??? And why just one of the duvet covers, while the other two are never inside out after washing? Life sure has some strange quirks at times.

:classic_laugh:

Had an amazing close encounter with a big bull seal in the Boatie, the pool up from the bridge on the River Brora an hour or so ago. The tide was in, and I wandered down there. A few minutes later the seal surfaced just out in front of me, no more than a few feet away. He didn't know I was there either :classic_laugh: Photos to follow.

This was my first glimpse of the seal, swimming upstream from the bridge with just his nose out of the water. He had no idea I was there :classic_laugh:

breathing.jpg.976e0501cfa66e09ad050f9636aa153e.jpg

Getting much warmer now. Had a great walk this morning. The gulls are thinking about nesting, so it's time to prepare for practicing bird in flight photos. Quite happy with this one.

seagull.jpg.e8f3e285570ed779639d170f026e6359.jpg

• Love 1

Yes, I've been stalking him for 2 weeks but he kept flying away when I pointed my camera at him. Now he sings away and doesn't mind the camera at all. Patience paid off. Here's another one of him. Beautiful voices birds have. Well, apart from ducks :classic_laugh:

thrush2.jpg.f559070a6c640d8e93883790f5e9e4ee.jpg