Lara of Light review by DJFull

This is trademark epicness of George but this time even greyer and more copypasted than in the myths. I don't rate negatively the inclusion of previous maps since I presume this project was to be a kind of "The Best Of", so if you didn't play the builder's previous games, you will know him from this one. But if it's really such summary, why to include completely useless parts which bring it down? There was absolutely no reason to run here for 40 kilometers, there was no need to repeat those pushblocks several times, and that maze pasted over and over was the breaking point when I decided I won't rate this product higher than 8. Which brings me to the same as I said about Cowboy's latest levelset: cut 1/3 of the game and it won't suffer. It will only help.

Right, let's deal with this point by point.

but this time even greyer and more copypasted than in the myths...

Every level in my game was original and built from scratch with the exception of The Lake of Stars. I only included that one because it is a fixed and bug free version and I deleted the original from Skribblerz. If I had not included it, this bug free fixed version would not be available to anyone, new player or old.

I don't rate negatively the inclusion of previous maps since I presume this project was to be a kind of "The Best Of

There is not one map from any of my previous games included in this project with the exception of the Lake of Stars as mentioned above. Every level was brand new which makes 7 brand new original levels out of an 8 level adventure. So go and fuck yourself.

and that maze pasted over and over was the breaking point

That maze was original and fresh, I have never seen anyone else ever make a maze like that, and not one pixel in any of the mazes was copied and pasted, every pixel was built from scratch without any copying or pasting from anywhere. Here is what another reviewer said about my brand new fresh original style of mazes.

The maze segments were excellent. What else can I add? I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you

Regards

Enjoy a GREY screenshot from my game. If this is what he calls tired, copypasted and grey, I can quite happily live with that, thank you. And no, not one pixel of this was copied and pasted. Didn't need to. Any builder who knows anything about the Editor knows that this area can be built and textured in a few minutes from a big blue box.

grey.jpg.0e6e9202b716fd0c438362d51d0cda63.jpg

Here is a photo of mountains. Oh look, they're grey.

mountains.jpg.c82761c35d4f225012f23e5667d9a925.jpg

Here is a photo of caves. Oh look, they're grey.

cave.jpg.b020ff90cd7e6efaa76629097b50db24.jpg

Here is a photo of a castle. Oh look, it's grey.

castle.jpg.448d321617f4d06a6fa8e5b41b367605.jpg

Screenshot from one of the 'mazes' which are not mazes at all because there is only one way through, with no dead ends, and you can see from one end of the 'maze' to the other. I'm really pleased about how these turned out, I think they're excellent.

maze.jpg.29de0bd9d06ec18893c874650e7ef44d.jpg

and I think you care too much :) you won't please everyone, I stopped trying a while ago.

even if there is one soul there that will like my new TR2 game and feel the nostalgia, it will have been worth it :)

• Cool 1
  • Love 1

Builders who downrate levels and justify it with a pack of lies so games slide down the Top100 charts and no longer compete with the person's own levels draw my attention. He's not the only one either. Should level builders be permitted to rate and review levels when there is such a clear conflict of interest? I don't give a damn about Pragers charts, but I do give a damn about public reviews of my work which are inaccurate, misleading, and include outright lies to further personal agendas.

conflict.jpg.59855a70ff9d69c1e3dbaa2d2192f011.jpg

• Like 1