Brochs Chat

George

Good day out in Skye yesterday to photograph Dun Sleadale and Dun Ardtreck. I had planned to do another, but Dun Sleadale turned into a bit of an epic adventure that lasted nearly 3 hours and I was knackered when I got back to the car. I did manage Dun Ardtreck after that, but no way I could handle another broch. Long day and it was getting dark when I got home. Here is Dun Sleadale out in the wilds of Skye and Dun Ardreck, a very dangerous broch perched on clifftops.

dunsleadale.jpg.9351dbc84d673396ca5d5d762d92de0f.jpg

dunardtreck.jpg.38c0ed3c2fb94e795d50af6809b1af8b.jpg

Well, there is a funny thing. Living with the Picts for 16 years and photographing their brochs has been quite an adventure. However, now that I've pieced it all together, understand the Picts, their brochs and their way of life, have found the site of the battle of Mons Graupius, and finally understand what paradise actually is, I've lost interest in photographing any more brochs because the job is finished. It's done. I'm going to sort out the website and continue with the reconstruction of what's already there, but I don't think I'm going to bother photographing any more brochs because my job is finished. It's time to move on and find something else.

:scottishflag:

True story. A week later and my life is changing yet again. Not only am I not going to be photographing any more brochs, I'm selling all my camera gear. I'm keeping my X100V, but the rest is being sold. Job done. Never once occurred to me that the brochs was a job that had an ending until after I crossed the finish line.

scottishbrochsRL10.png.eb5815b1a0209a1d16eb78df4e6813e4.png