Jon's Islands

George

I'm having a wee swim in the next level, and really, I don't think the organic texturing could be improved. I've converted the project to a V50, but really, the level looks amazing, astonishingly so, and I don't think it could be improved. I'll replace some of the submarine and other base style textures of course, but organically, erm, to touch this masterpiece would be a crime. Lara looks pretty cool in her new swim suit Titak, thanks!

sfi-lvl-4.jpg.ffc0b4486cd24f262a0ca446e1ed5636.jpg

Was the harpoon gun included in the download? Including the CROSSBOW_ANIM?

You can customize the harpoon gun if you want using a script for it.
Same for the ammo.
Here's what I'm using for my harpoon gun:

Customize=      CUST_HARPOON, HRP_DOUBLE_AMMO+HRP_DISABLE_LASER_SIGHT, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 150, IGNORE

So my harpoon gun only uses regular arrows and explosive arrows.
And this ammo can also be customized using the Customize=      CUST_AMMO, CROSSBOW_AMMO1_ITEM, *******  command

Btw, AgentXP made a very good HD remake pack of the Sleeping with the Fishes textures: https://www.trsearch.org/item/4534
In case you are interested.

• Like 1

Hi, I downloaded that HD remake pack yesterday and I'm just about to go work on the TGA. Lara by you has the crossbow + ammo. It needs to be the harpoon gun. Adding Jon's harpoon and crossbow anim causes crashes. No idea what I'm doing here lol

:new:

I've discovered a way to make high ressie textures out of low ressie textures using my photo software.:D Ta da! Saved myself weeks and weeks and weeks of work. I will never have to retexture a level to NG it ever again! I think the fish and the amazing jellyfish might be TC14s work, not sure.

sfi-lvl-42.jpg.8fd37a17718bffc1045410f66126fe23.jpg

• Like 1

I've no idea why it didn't occur to me to use my photo software on TGA texture sets before. Enhanced the TGA for this level with some contrast and colour, and it is looking superb. This is one of the sunken ships in the ship graveyard. No idea how to get into it yet.

sfi-lvl-43.jpg.954a6269570d49e61bdb05ccf2090506.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 4:46 PM, George said:

Hi, I downloaded that HD remake pack yesterday and I'm just about to go work on the TGA. Lara by you has the crossbow + ammo. It needs to be the harpoon gun. Adding Jon's harpoon and crossbow anim causes crashes. No idea what I'm doing here lol

Ah, crossbow was included... Oh dear.
Hold on...

*** EDIT ***
I've sent you a PM. :D

• Love 1

I've just run through the first two levels, which are ready for beta, and the level jump to the Ship Graveyard worked. The inventory is intact as well. I've just to test out the harpoon and if it's working okay, we're good to go.

:bouncegreen:

• Like 2

Hi TC, glad you showed up. I'm working on the 4th level, Secrets of the Sea, and I'm almost done with it. I have a few gameplay issues though, which I've not touched yet as two of them are part of a rather complex pushblock puzzle.

In the pushblock room, you push a pushblock onto an 8 click high raising block, which raises the pushblock up on top of it. There is a ladder on the side of the raising block,  from where you can jump back and twist to grab the jump switch. I think this is the correct way to do this right?

The problems are that Lara can hoist up inside the pushblock on top of the raising block and she's stuck, gameplay killer. The other problem is that you can simply push the pushblock underneath the jump switch and reach it without using the raising block at all.

The simple fix would be to remove the raising block and let Raiders simply push the pushblock under the jump switch. However, this is a very complex puzzle and I haven't figured it all out yet, so I don't know how this would affect the gameplay. What would you suggest?

I have a fix TC. Been thinking about this for 3 days. I'll break the ground under the jumpswitch so you can't push the block there. I'll make another heavy trigger for the raising block nearby so you don't push the block onto the raising block, and I'll lower the ceiling above the raising block so you can't hoist up on top of it and you still have to use it as a ladder. That solves everything and risks nothing.

:hat:

Another problem with the pushblock room TC, you can pull the 2nd pushblock out of the block and use the switch to open the way back to the Ship Graveyard without using the other pushblock to get to the jumpswitch. I have solutions for everything and I've been testing, and it all works.

That's the 4th level all working and retextured and I've jumped back to the 3rd level and I'm inside one of the sunken ships. Totally immersive game, perhaps the best game I've ever played. I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed the original Tomb Raider game.

• Like 1

Sorry, I had trouble registering at first, then we went away on vacation, and back only now...

I hadn't touched Secrets of the Sea level much, but that included indeed altering a little bit this pushblock puzzle, so as to add/use NG features and to use the block to activate a switch (which I considered so new and so cool in 2010 :baby: !!). I had missed that jumpswitch interference/issue, glad you found out and dealed with it early enough ! :clap2:

By the way, for Ship Graveyard level, I think the jellyfish comes from Teme9's amazing Nauticus object package. I also included some Base objects in Blue Alert level, and encourage you to see what could be interesting in the wad : https://www.trsearch.org/item/3557
Otherwise I had just had fun testing the brand-new-at-the-time fish emitter from TRNG ! :bouncegreen:

• Haha 1

Good to see you mate. There have been quite a few issues, and I've found gameplay killers and big shortcuts. Remember the big face in level 2 where you go round to the left eye for a switch? You could then go straight back to the door around the top of the room and go straight to the spiders room! Missed out half the level. It's fixed. So are the others I've found. It's looking good and playing well. Those fish are excellent.