Jon's Islands

George

With such complex environmental areas as Jon made, it was almost sure shortcuts would be discovered with alpha, beta or earlier...:flying:

Did you like the added event happening with the skull at the end of level 2 ? Part of it uses what I would call a typical GMac effect !:classic_cool:

Anyway, glad to see you're having fun with the levels !

• Like 1

I've found the jump from the Ship Graveyard to HMS Botany Bay, converted the project files to V50, updated the WADs with Titaks amazing Lara, sorted out the prj and TGA in the Editor, converted the files, and the level jump has worked. This project is moving on!

• Like 1

I'm still running around inside this shipwreck. Spent another 2 hours in it this evening. I've reached the cargo bay. Best Tomb Raider game I've ever played, including the original Tomb Raider by Core. Not finding much to sort out with this level. I've given the textures a major facelift, but that's all so far.

botanybay2.jpg.399ac747f3d445c63ed8841bc7b32c58.jpg

There will be a little delay here. I've been running around the wreck of HMS Botany Bay for days, but I've discovered the level isn't finished. I've found puzzle items with no puzzle holes, a key item with no keyhole, doors with no triggers, and one or two other things. I'm going to have to spend some time just running around until I know the level inside out.

The level is fabulous, so it will be worth it.

Did you start with latest ship018.prj ? In my old memories, I thought the level was done...:ponder:

This must not be the only issue, but for example, the puzzle holes 6 are there just for decoration, there are meant not to be puzzle items 6.

Yes, I'm using your files. There are a few problems. If you go for the silver secret without a fuse, you're stuck, gameplay killer. There were 3 fuses in the level, but only 2 fuse puzzle slots. I've retextured the puzzle hole 6 and I've changed a few level switches to wheel switches with the puzzle hole 6. I have the game pretty much ready up until the Cargo Bay. Did you know you can go to the next level without the harpoon gun? I'm not sure that was meant to be. I've also found 3 small alcoves with switch textures in them but no switches or pickups, so Jon obviously had plans for them. One of the secrets didn't register or sound. I've found the Captains Key and accessed that area, but didn't find anything to do in there. The flames in the small room where the chains are, where you shoot the lock off the door, I can't find a way to turn them off. Quite a few little things, but it's coming together.

I think you're right, and I think Jon left off building around here somewhere. The biggest issue I have is triggers on switches. I think the safe limit used to be 6 or 7 before you risked hitting random problems with some of the triggers not working. Jon has I think over 15 things triggered on one switch. It's a painstaking job seeing what each switch does, checking every trigger, picking some to stay on that switch and moving the other triggers somewhere else.

He's a bit of a man for overloading the Editor and pushing limits.

:laugh:

TC, I think he has built two different ways to finish the level. That's the problem I've been running into. If you do it one way, you don't need to do it the other way, which explains all the anomalies. Okay, I think I have things under control now.

Morning TC. I think I've figured out a few things. I was scratching my head quite a lot, wondering how things worked and wondering why some things didn't appear to work. Yesterday morning while looking at the map, I found a trigger for a camera which didn't exist. That got me worried. Then last night I found a grey floor tile. It hadn't been there before. I checked triggers on a switch next to it and found a trigger for a smash object. There is no smash object in the level. I clicked on the Trigger to Object button and it took me to a light bulb. There had been a raising block there but it was gone from the map. On the next play through a pushblock had sunk into the floor and had lost collision. When Lara tried to push it, she fell inside it. The level is crashing, TC, that's the problem. There were nearly 240 rooms. Just too much stuff. I need to cut it back a little bit to stabilise it. Jon is a blighter for pushing the Editor beyond its limits.

:classic_laugh: